When it comes to finding a new car, the process can be fairly easy or relatively difficult. No matter what you’re feeling while looking for a new car, you are not alone. Hundreds of thousands of people in America look for a new car each day, and they all end up finding one they love and one that works for them!
With all the new cars out there today, there is a certain thrill of purchasing a brand new car, outright, but often, this means financing. And with buying a new car, you will also experience other issues like the depreciation of your vehicle the minute you drive it off the lot. If any of this doesn’t sound good to you, consider purchasing a used car from Phil Long in Colorado Springs.
If you don’t want to spend over $15,000 on your next vehicle, consider a cheaper option and check out our online inventory for used cars! We have a variety of used cars under $10,000! You’ll be saving thousands of dollars and still getting a new vehicle.
Below we will list the Top 10 Used Cars Under $10,000 and what makes them a great car!
- Ford Focus (’09-’10) – This vehicle is no doubt know for getting incredible gas mileage, as much as 35 mpg. This vehicle can come in a sedan or a coupe, depending on your preference, has anywhere from 132 hp to 143 hp and a curb weight of up to 2,623 lbs. Equipped with a 2.0-L 4-cylinder. Kelley Blue Book rates this vehicle an 8.8/10.
- Pontiac Vibe (’06-’09) – Like the Ford Focus, this car also gets decent gas mileage, upwards o 36 mpg. The horsepower is a little lower at 118 hp to start but can go up to 164 hp if you need the extra kick. This vehicle operates with a 1.8-L 4-cylinder engine, and the curb weight is between 2,700 and 2,980 lbs depending on the model you are choosing. No matter what, this car fits right in the $10,000 price range and is a perfect car for a youngster buying their first car. The Kelley Blue Book rating for this vehicle is 9.1/10!
- Scion xB (’08-’09) – The Scion was rated on Kelley Blue Book with a 9.1/10 rating, and definitely for the right reasons. This 2.4 L 4-cylinder engine with 158 hP gets up to 28 mpg on the This vehicle also does decently with its cargo hold with 21.7 ft³, 69.9 ft³ with the seat area. The curb weight for this vehicle can get anywhere up to 3,086 lbs.
- Acura TL (’06) – This vehicle with the 3.2-L V6 engine has a higher horsepower than the vehicles before it with 258 hp. The gas mileage isn’t horrible either, getting up to 29 mpg on the highway. The curb weight of this vehicle is upwards of 3,591 lbs! This vehicle gets high marks from Kelley Blue Book with 9.4/10. With this vehicle being only 10 years old, this would be your next best choice!
- Acura TSX (’06) – Rated at 9.5/10, this may be one of the better of used cars under $10,000 yet! It has 205 hp with a 2.4 L 4-cylinder engine and curb weight of up to 3,356 lbs. This car can get up to 31 mpg on the highway and 22 in the city. No doubt this car is perfect for someone who likes to drive!
- Hyundai Sonata (’07-’09) – Rating a little below the 9 mark out of 10, this is still a good find for a used car under $10,000. Like most of the other used cars listed above, this car has a 2.4-L 4-cylinder engine, or a 3.3-L V6, depending on your preference. Expect 34 mpg on the highway with this car at 234 hp. Not bad for driving around, especially if you have a commute to work on a regular basis.
- Mazda 6 (’09) – Mazda is known for being a great car and experiencing very few stops at service centers for maintenance, but on top of that, this car gets fantastic gas mileage, up to 30 mpg on the highway. As for the engine, owners can expect a 2.5-L 4-cylinder or 3.8-L V6 engine with horsepower anywhere from 168 to 272. A rather heavy car though, sitting at 3,547 lbs. Still a good car, although Kelley Blue Book did rate is at 8.8 out of 10.
- Honda CR-V (’06) – This is another one of those cars with a little bit more cargo space compared to the models above. It still gets great gas mileage, up to 29 mpg on the highway. And like the other vehicles, owners can also expect a 2.4-L 4-cylinder engine with 156 hp. This vehicle can also tow of up to 1,500 lbs of anything you can imagine! Rated at 8.9/10 on Kelley Blue Book, this is also a decent car, especially for a smaller family.
- Honda Pilot (’06) – if being able to tow up to 1,500 pounds wasn’t enough for you, then this vehicle will do the trick. With a towing capacity of up to 4,500 pounds, this car could take you on the ultimate camping trip. But a car like this will need a decent engine. This one has a 5-L V6 engine with 244 hp, enough to tow whatever you need and still get up and go. KKB rates this vehicle at 9.3/10, fairly high for a car. Think about this one for your next purchase!
- Toyota Sienna (’06) – Toyota has reigned as the most cars sold automaker for years! This vehicle, in particular, is more ideal for the “soccer mom” type. Like the Honda Pilot, this vehicle can tow heavy, up to 3,500 lbs. The gas mileage isn’t as high, but decent with 26 mpg. The Sienna has a 3.3-L V6 engine and 215 hp, so it can get up to speed with most of these other cars and really Kelley Blue Book rated with one 8.9/10. Definitely not a bad choice for your next car.
Whatever car you are looking for, Phil Long can help. We offer a huge selection of used cars under $10,000. Come on over to Phil Long or give us a call to discuss more about your opportunities for buying your next car!